Saturday, January 26, 2008

Aussies' GILLY Retires.....

http://www.adamgilchrist.com/images/gfx/gilly3.jpg

Australia vice-captain Adam Gilchrist has announced his retirement from all international cricket after the end of the third day's play at the Adelaide Oval against India on Saturday.

Gilchrist, 36, who broke the world record for most number of Test dismissals on the second day, clarified that this would be his last Test.

"It is with great pride and happiness that I make the decision to retire from Test and One-Day cricket. I've come to this decision after much thought and discussion with those most important to me," Gilchrist said in a statement issued by Cricket Australia on Saturday.

"My family and I have been fortunate to have had an amazing journey full of rich experiences throughout my career and are sincerely grateful to all who have helped make this stage of our lives so fulfilling," Gilchrist said.

"I am now ready and excited to move into the next phase of my life," he added, meaning the forthcoming Commonwealth Bank tri-series involving India and Sri Lanka will be his final appearance.

Player profile

Full name Adam Craig Gilchrist
Born November 14, 1971, Bellingen, New South Wales
Current age 36 years
Major teams Australia, ICC World XI, New South Wales, Western Australia
Nickname Gilly
Playing role Wicketkeeper batsman
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak
Fielding position Wicketkeeper
Height 1.85 m

0 comments: